Call it what you want... Valentines day or Singles Awareness Day (or hell, my best friend's birthday.. which she I am sure she would agree is much more important ;o).... today is the one day you can't get away from the subject of love....whether it be heartfelt declarations or hideous tacky pink cards with cheap flowers and chocolates attached (sorry, always seemed a hollow gesture to me... we used to try for something original).
I always see love as being at the same time the most simple thing in the world, and at the same time the most difficult and complicated thing you'll ever come across.... you can never fight as hard either for or against someone you truly love.
Now I might be single, but I remain unerringly optimistic on the subject of love and the fairytale ending of "happily ever after".... but whether you are talking about the the "in love" kind of love, or the more general love you have for someone (or something), I don't think it's possible to live without love.
That said I also know at times the hardest thing in the world can be to love yourself enough to let other people love you. The heart gets a lot of the blame about love, but it's really only a muscle... sure there is some hormonal involvement in all types of love, but at the end of the day for me it's the mindset and mentality that leads you to love.
So whilst in my case my love is shared around my friends and family without that one "special person" I think it's still important to celebrate the fact that love is important in whatever shape or form it comes

No comments:
Post a Comment