I am not a handbag sort of person, but a couple of years ago, badgered by my sister for carrying around all the things I needed to in pockets and grotty carrier bags I was given one of these items for Christmas... a fairly nice leather creation... (though I am sure that it's a breach of the Lesbian code and I should probably give in my card straight away).
Said handbag was chosen apparently because of my habit of carrying around the current sock in progress (which gets whipped out and a couple of rounds put on each time I sit still for five minutes when out in public.. much to my family and friends horror.... yes, knitting in pubs, cafes, friends houses... totally normal, surely?).
In a recent Friday afternoon discussion with some of the other women at work it was determined that my handbag contents were pretty unique - and that's aside from the knitting - whilst we all had the standard purse and phone combo, theirs all contained make up, mirrors and other beautification things - mine contained the Kindle, MP3 player, clicker (which is a device for dog training that makes a clicking sound when you press it - it conditions the dogs to expect a treat on the sound... it's also great fun to click in the middle of an office and watch all the heads appear over the top of the pods whilst they try to work out what it was and where it came from).... my hand bag also contained 3 teaspoons (which is quite a low number for me... seriously, somewhere there is a loop in the space time continuum between the back of peoples kitchen draws and my handbag, through which teaspoons travel at will), the knitting and a tub of vaseline (not the posh lip balm everyone else had)
Today my handbag contained something else, which I put in there before I left work and then completely forgot about when fishing for my purse in the shop...... which was unfortunate, as said object, was a large carving knife I'd taken in to work to cut the birthday cake yesterday.... I didn't bleed too much on the shopping but I've lightly sliced three fingers and a bit of the palm of my hand.
Why yes, I am a klutz, but you knew this already....
Ouch!!! Glad that cut wasn't worse.
ReplyDeleteHeh, I did a blog post about my purse, too:
http://www.stumblingoverchaos.com/archives/6258
I should update it one of these days... Now I'm carrying around a couple of tablets instead of the netbook and ebook reader.