Monday, 6 February 2012

Raise the quarantine flags... I have the lurgy...

This morning started with a small sniffle, which has grown through the day via itchy eyes, sore throat, aching bits of me that don't usually ache and the overwhelming feeling of bleurgh.... Yep, it appears I have a common or garden cold..... (no, not man flu, or anything so dramatic, just a cold)

So yes, rest, relax, drink lots of fluids..... yeah right.... run around like a loon after the critters, go into work because it's far far to busy to do other wise unless say I am dying of something infectious or perhaps have broken both my legs (seriously, just one and they'd probably send a taxi for me to get me into work).

I have to say, being poorly with something as mundane as a cold is possibly when it hits me the hardest about being on my own... there is no one to look after me, to deal with the dogs, to make sure that I am doing what needs to to get better or just to give me a hug and say I'll be ok

Oh, now I'm snivelling and sounding pathetic... shall go off to bed and, erm, cough and sniffle at the cats.....

2 comments:

  1. I can relate - picture me with the flu a couple years ago, stumbling out into the hallway of our building with money and begging my neighbor to pick up soup and toilet paper for me.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      oh grief, that sounds like a horrible position to be in!

      Delete