I totally suck at making decisions... I know this, I am the person who when asked what I want to eat at a restaurant or from a take away will sit staring blankly at the menu until someone basically tells me what I am having (you'd think having a more limited choice as a veggie would make it easier, but no).
So, today's big decision that I have failed totally to make... to put in a bid for one of the photo prompts on the Love is Always Write or not...
I have an idea, well, erm, I have an idea, a story outline, a brief synopsis and character names (which in itself is quite unusual for me) for one of the photos.... but... I also have reservations
I don't usually write to a timetable/deadline... I am a sporadic writer at best, probably because I am also working full time, trying to finish this professional qualification thing ... I can, when the mindset hits simply sit and write for hours/days, but there is no guarantee that will happen.... I wouldn't want to pick up the prompt and then let people down because I couldn't get the story out.
Then there is the other side of it.... can I really do this? Is my writing good enough? Now I've had a couple of people tell me that it is (including an M/M writer on the group) but, erk, I don't know...
I have till about 5 pm tomorrow (if my time conversion skills are working) to make a decision on this.... though I have a feeling the prompt that is causing this is one that will go quickly so I will have to do something definite rather than just meander past later on and see if it's still available.
On the other hand, I could just use the prompt anyway and write the story for myself.... which whist this means no pressure and aside from my beta readers it won't see the light of day...
Ok, officially no clue what I am going to do about this, I was hoping putting this down would help make it clearer in my mind, but alas no
No comments:
Post a Comment