It comes to something when you have to resort to asking a friend to give you a virtual slap upside the head to stop you from being a complete muppet... but yes this has been done this evening.
I am not sure what made me slow down and think, but I stopped at some point today and realised that I am starting to spin way out of control (again!)...
I can't say what it was that clued me in, perhaps when I tweeted that it was either win the lottery or become a kept woman to prevent myself setting my desk on fire.....Now in reality I'd never do two of those things, firstly because I actually do love my job (ok, about 85% of the time... the other 15% I merely like it), and anyway, no one trusts me with matches. The whole kept woman thing I wouldn't go near as even the thought brings back horrible memories of being in what I thought was a loving relationship until the penny dropped and I realised that I was only wanted there for convenience of having a live in cleaner/cook/kennel maid ........ must go buy a lottery ticket in that case...
Possibly I realised when it I was archiving stuff on the kindle and discovered that I'd been buying things without really registering that I was doing it..... I have a long reading list to get through before I buy anything else ... Oh, and then there is the whole re-reading cycle... I get glued into one book or series of books and can't seem to get out, which has been happening pretty much for the last 3 weeks.
Add to that the whole not really sleeping and then doing totally stupid things (yes, that would include the whole melting plastic episode - which if I was actually concentrating rather than living off in some other world....ok said world is inside my head... wouldn't have happened).
So yes, stop signs have been raised and thankfully I have people in my life that can be relied on for honest straight talking, and that virtual cyber slap when necessary.... I now have some serious thinking and planning to do about getting a grip back on myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment