As much as I am currently doing the whole "don't wanna go back to work tomorrow" thing, complete with sulking, in retrospect, it is really a good thing as alas my friends and family tolerance minutes appear to be running quite low and the need to hide is gradually taking over.
I haven't always been completely antisocial, in fact quite the opposite, or at least in terms of spending time with friends and family. As part of this whole rediscovering just who the bloody hell I am, I've discovered that when you have been carefully alienated from said friends and family, and made to believe that one person is the centre of your universe and without them you won't be able to function, that it's actually quite hard to get your head round the idea of spending time with other people again. Particularly when as much as you know those people love and support you they also know that evil manipulating bitch of an ex told them all sorts of things about you that were either completely untrue or wildly exaggerated.....
No matter who I am talking to, if they knew us as a couple, there is always that horrible moment when I feel uncomfortable and itchy and need to get out of there before someone says the wrong thing, or they remember some of the things she used to tell them about me. That said, it's been a while since I had a complete melt down over it with someone in the immediate family, so I am obviously improving.
However, 7 days of seeing family and friends on a daily basis has kind of put me at my limit and I as much as I may rail against going back to work, it's peaceful, I can put my headphones in and just get on with drafting without having to think about anything, or have to worry about what people are really thinking about me as they talk to me, or are even talking to someone else but in the same room as me...
No comments:
Post a Comment