In the wisdom of whoever planned the little cul-de-sac in which I live, they decided that we would have a brick road (no, not a yellow one, there is no wizard at the end of it)... this in theory is fine, however, they also decided that at the edge of everyone's front lawn/driveway/footpath etc would be a small lip to drain water down into the road.
And in winter here the fun starts, if the surface is at all wet and it freezes it just becomes, well, a skating rink.... I normally get early warning signs of this when taking the dogs out first thing.... when it's a good job I walk them at stupid o'clock so no one has seen the number of times I end up sitting at the end of my drive with the dogs bouncing on me wondering what I will do next for their entertainment.
My neighbours wait to see if I can get the car off the road before deciding if they'll bother! We've only had a couple of freezingly cold mornings so far this year in which I've skidded reversing back out my drive, I've managed to slide very (un)gracefully into the hedge trying to turn back in and I've spun the wheels somewhat dramatically in the middle of the road whilst fishtailing about.
I think I just have to go for the full blown 360 degree turn followed by the slide towards the neighbours house before someone awards me 10 points for artistic interpretation and style!!
I wish it would either snow properly so I've an excuse to stay home and not venture out, or pack it in and we can have spring already!
No comments:
Post a Comment