I give financially to charities through work's charitable trust, but decided that this time I wanted to do something different. So for the last 12 months I have let my hair grow and today, in the middle of the office, my colleague took a pair of scissors to it and snipped through two long plaits (it's about 10 inches in total).
The hair is being donated to The Little Princess Trust who are a charity that make wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy and who have lost their own hair.
I just hope that a child somewhere can benefit from this gift.
And now I must go dye what is left of my hair as it's appearing very very grey again....... tempted by the electric blue or ultra violet, but alas I think I shall be boring and go for burgundy again...

I've meant to do that, but alas, my hair doesn't get much past my shoulders before the amount of breakage equals growth. Very cool that you do it!
ReplyDelete