So with a week off work to enjoy I am fully intending to catch up with friends, to spend time with the family and to do lots of little jobs that I should probably have done a while ago .... like sort out my books.
I used to have organised bookshelves - genre, author, publication date - which lived on rather over stacked shelves in the book room/study/guest room..... then a combination of cats and too many books resulted in crime being moved to the lounge (no, nothing criminal happens in the lounge... or at least I don't think it does), fantasy and m/m has moved to the bedroom (seemed appropriate!) leaving everything else - historical, contemporary, action/adventure, children's/YA and reference books (mainly viking sagas, medieval history - particularly women in history, myths & legends.. oh and some odd chemistry texts from my student days) for the study. I am going to need to buy a new bookshelf as my m/m collection has gone, erm, nuts(?) recently.. that said as I have been a "good girl" I understand that my request for a Kindle might have been granted so the days of real books (except special ones) may be numbered!
Oh and I really must tidy the house as I am, hopefully, having a visitor for boxing day - Yay!! Though I am slightly concerned that her wife thinks I am trying to steal her as over the last months I've spent at least one day per weekend with her!
Right, now I am going back to try and forge a connection between my hands and my brain to force the story I've been spinning into words..... it appears to be something about a cat shifter and a fire elemental.... and I thought it was going to be a YA story, but said characters are having ideas that are distinctly non YA, so that may have to change!
I'm pretty sure if I had the next week off, I'd feel more festive, too! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, my veri word is thews. :D