Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Hoping......

With the new lunar year starting Friday, I thought that I'd bypass the usual midweek music and set out some of my hopes for the next 12 months.  These aren't resolutions, I don't make resolutions as in the past I've found I am just setting myself up to fail.  They also aren't really just about me.

I hope that my family and friends are happy, healthy and that they obtain or achieve all that they wish for.  In particular, that my father's doctors find a treatment that helps him or, if not, that he can remain pain free during his final illness.  I also hope that I can accept that what ever will be will be with dignity and that if things come to the worst that I remember that at least the pain and suffering will be over.  I hope as well that I can support my mother and sister through whatever the outcome.

I very much hope that one friend manages the addition to the family she really wants, that another finds her way out of the darkness she has been struggling with and can work towards the light and move forward with her life, in which ever direction is best for her.  I hope my half daughter finishes her final year of school in the summer and finds something she wants to do with her future, even if that is not straight away.  I hope that I am able to continue to offer what ever support I can to my friends.

I hope that I am able to continue interacting with my net friends and family, and that when I do touch their lives I do so lightly and without ever causing them upset or distress.

I hope to continue to mentally grow and learn more, particularly in relation to LGBT*Q issues, and to be able to offer whatever support I can where needed.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of hopes instead of resolutions, which I don't bother with, either.

    ReplyDelete