I'm told quite frequently that I am organised and scarily efficient..... I can only come to the conclusion that those people telling me this actually don't know me at all.
Today has been one of those days where my disorganisation has been highlighted as I frantically try to work out whether it's too late to buy presents on line, try and fit about 3 months worth of hand knitted gifts into a day (ok, so I have done from scratch the hat for the friend that only told me that was what she wanted last week and finished a pair of socks and a shawl), frantically write Christmas cards that should have been sent at least a fortnight ago etc....
I have failed miserably to clean the house, it's tidy, more or less, because it has to be - I have virtually zero vision without my glasses and a tendency to wonder round without them early in the morning, which means that if things are left lying about I fall over quite a lot (and I can do that with the glasses on at the best of times - but with 4 dogs and 2 cats it's kind of hard to keep on top of the clean thing 100% of the time. Oh I also failed to put petrol in the car, or to go do the food shopping......
Oh and completely fail once again to even look at the criminal law assignment that my tutor is waiting for the first draft off.......
I mentioned how disorganised I was this evening whilst talking on the phone and I could almost hear the raised eyebrow in response... see to those people who really know me, this comes as no surprise at all. I did get a lecture on priorities, which in fact I am told are none of the above but instead more about taking care of me and letting go of some things I let my brain take on and obsess over which I can actually do bugger all about, which in turn will let me actually focus on the important things (I do know this, but sometimes I apparently need reminding). Oh, and I had to make a list of things that I need to do, and prioritise them, and there will be checking up on said list....
But now, as there is still more knitting to be done, I shall get on with it, but as I am upstairs I am reduced to watching things on line .... hummm, we shall call it research!
No comments:
Post a Comment