Last night, post blog post, prior to pizza, I got a text from friends advising that they were sitting in the garden of the pub enjoying the warm evening, and would I care to join them... so off I went, and for once didn't have to drive.
So I had a couple of drinks.... something I don't do often as I am usually the driver. So after being plied with vodka and Pepsi Max for a couple of hours I was returned home, where I entertained the dogs for a bit, before putting them to bed.
Off I went upstairs to get ready for my own bed, when I noticed that my hair was showing rather too much grey, and perhaps it was time to dye it, like, right then.
I checked the instructions and realised I had 30 mins developing time - which usually I would have put to good use by doing a bit of tidying - but no it's nearly midnight, I'm a little pissed and so I turn on the pc and find something to watch for half an hour whilst I develop.
Then i go liberally apply hair dye to my hair.. my long, down to the middle of my back hair. Now, the new foaming hair dye stuff is great, it doesn't drip, it does however get flicked all around the bathroom... not that I noticed at the time. Add to this that Mr Hugo, is sitting on the windowsill watching me intently and occasionally trying to sniff the dye bottles. (Mr Hugo is one of the cats, you get that right?Yyou don't think I just keep some random bloke upstairs perching on window sills and the like?)
Safely balancing my hair on head and trying not to move it I wandered back to the pc ... at which point Mr Hugo decides to be "helpful". So with a flying leap he's on the computer desk yowling for attention. I put him onto my lap as it's hard to watch the screen through a cat, but no he's not satisfied with that, so climbs up onto my shoulder and starts rubbing round my hair, my covered in developing dye hair.....
So for 30 minutes it becomes a battle of me v Hugo as he desperately tries to stay on my shoulders. I am subjected to flying leaps from the bed, the book case, the floor.... he's a persistent little bugger.
I eventually got the dye washed out and headed to bed... only to be woken at 4 am by Hugo nibbling the ends of my hair....
Now the thing is, my cats don't have hair, well fur, of their own, they are naked cats.... in his case he's a lovely black/white (which without the fur is blue/white) colour....only this morning, Hugo is in fact, black/white and deep red in places......bathing a cat with a slight hangover (no, not the cat, me) was not the top of my list of things I ever wanted to try.
He's now sulking, slightly less dyed and pissed off.... I am dyed, scratched and I still haven't got all the stray bits of dye off the bathroom... I mean, how the hell did I get dye on the ceiling??
No comments:
Post a Comment