This post is bought to you by the random wafflings from the over stressed....
Next week I have the week off, this is a good thing yes? Actually, right now, not so sure. I had a week off back in July mainly because I'd have had to take 2 days off for family stuff and then there was the 2 assignments I'd left till the last sodding minute yet again, so needs must. As it happened, I actually kind of enjoyed it.... well, most of it, eventually, when I'd finally wound down. So in a fit of "oh Gods I am back at work" when I returned I phoned a friend and discovered when half term was for her and my half daughter and booked another week off so they could come and visit.
That was ages ago, or at least it felt like it at the time, and now my week off is next week, and I am yet again getting to the stage of stupidly overloaded panic brain caused mainly by too much work and far too little sleep.
So, huge mistake, I wrote a list today of what I needed to do before I finish for my holiday (which is Thursday at 4 pm not Friday as joy of joys I shall be spending Friday in a seminar on professional ethics and standards in Milton Keynes of all places). I then looked at the list, then at my hands and, fuck, I was shaking. That hasn't happened for a couple of years. It was a close call between crying or hysteria, but professional control won out and I managed to get a grip of myself.
The list is a bit shorter now and I think I shall get through the rest of the week without wigging out completely and cancelling the holiday. I did have to get all my work checked off when I developed a severe case of sarcasm and potty typing, causing me to re-write one e-mail 8 times before it was fit to send without causing offence.
So I have 2 days of work, a shit load of housework and crap to do at home, a long drive, a seminar and then I can relax, for a week, in good company..... So I shall repeat to myself regularly until then, it will all be fine, just hold on and breathe.......
No comments:
Post a Comment