I didn't plan on posting today as I have been at a seminar all day (including 4 hours of driving - urgh, motorways, on a Friday evening at rush hour, with added rain and high winds - deep and abiding joy!).
I am also waiting (very impatiently) for some visitors to arrive... however, at the last text they weren't even past the border and into England so it may be a while! Said visitors, who are staying till Wednesday, are one of my best friends and her daughter, who is known as my half daughter - which probably sounds kind of odd. In short, half daughter (hd), is an honorific given because, due to the fact she has severe autism and Aspergers Syndrome, she will not go to stay at anyones house outside her immediate family (read own home and maternal grandparents), except for some reason my house. We also have similar tastes in music (which her mother moans about) and books (though she's only been really reading for pleasure for the last 2 years or so). I'm also the only person outside of the family that is honoured and trusted enough to get a hug.
I've known them since hd was 10, and as a family they've been through some really shite times, but things are so much better for all of them now. Hd is a truly remarkable young woman, extremely intelligent and very amusing, but she finds it very difficult to interact with people and on some levels she isn't anything like 17. She and her mum (and the dog) are coming down for a break leaving the males in the family to look after the toddler :o). Apparently my house is relaxing - oh so not sure the majority of people who visit here would agree with that - hell at one stage I was threatening to give out badges stating "I survived Rent-a-Mob".
So, I am looking forward to much rest and relaxation, some good gossip, some communal reading, knitting of socks, writing and from them possibly some nagging about submissions and the progress of the 2nd book. (Hd and mum both read for me - and mum is my initial editor, sounding board and ego booster for insecure moments).
PS - after a comment on good-reads yesterday regarding not reading M/M books in public because of the cover art, I took "Bonds of Love" with me to the seminar today and sat in the foyer reading it quite openly... no one commented, in fact I didn't even notice anyone look twice at it....
No comments:
Post a Comment