Friday, 30 September 2011

End of the week waffling

It's over, the file of doom is done and finished... and life looks a whole lot better and lighter now.  Actually I finished it just after lunch, then had to faff about for two hours, erm, looking busy before I could get away for the weekend.

Now, it's not a good thing to admit to sometimes spending time when you should be working just "looking busy", hell technically it's theft of company time and could get me into a shit load of trouble, but as I do my job, meet my targets etc to date I've kind of got away with the occasional "looking busy" time.  This afternoon I was not a good employee, I surfed, I wrote non work related things, I texted friends, I even read book excerpts on Dreamspinner..... seriously hoping no one looks too closely into my net usage time there then!  Yep, and now I feel guilty so on Monday I will probably go in early and make the time up..... see pathological "good girl", no really, stop laughing...


So, I got out of work all ready to start my weekend, and was perhaps a little more rash than I should have been when exiting the multi-storey car park... it's a secure car park, with roller shutters that retract when you approach... thing is... they retract slowly... a bit more slowly than I was driving this evening, and yes, in a queue full of other weekend escapees, I might just have, perhaps, rolled, ok, driven, my car into the roller shutter before it got high enough for me to duck the car under...... my levels of muppetry amaze me sometimes.  No damage to the car or roller thankfully - I've only been using the car park a month and I don't want to be banned!

So, this evening is Pizza evening, or it will be when I get myself organised and make it....

As for the weekend, tomorrow I have to do an assignment (the levels of competence displayed by those that run the course amaze me - course started 1st Sept, materials arrived 24th Sept, tutor wants first assignment in draft for 3rd Oct... joy...).  I haven't even plugged in the flash drive to find out what I need to do... i have a feeling it's an assignment on matrimonial law (yeah cos that's relevant to my job.. not)

Then on Sunday I have to do housework, lots and lots of housework, not only because the house is in fact a complete tip, but because on Friday next I have visitors coming for a week... which I am mega excited about, but it does mean that I have to display some semblance of cleanliness.


Right, pizza, and possibly some vodka, and ice cream, but not with the vodka, hum, no maybe, i think I've got some toffee vodka somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment