I had plans for a blog post this evening that was related to writing - fan fiction/fillers and original work to be precise... but I should know better than to plan ahead!
It's been an "interesting" couple of days in the whole "these things only happen to me" kind of way. Tuesday I got volunteered to make a large birthday cake, which as a result saw me making butter icing and decorating said cake (Pink Glitter Icing!!) at 5.30 am on Wednesday - cos like that's a normal time to get up and ice a cake isn't it?
Then on the way into work, somehow, I managed to cut my leg with the carving knife... it was for the cake, I don't usually carry a carving knife... I'd dropped it into the plastic bag with the cake just before I left for work and somehow, between the car park and my desk I, erm, well, stabbed myself a bit..
My natural inclination to blow up anything remotely electrical struck on the way back to the car the same night... got in the lift, punched the button for the fifth floor, the doors closed.... and all the freaking lights went out in the lift. Before I could grope around on the control panel it started moving so I held my breath and hoped that when it stopped I would be on the right floor. Ok, yes, I'll admit to being a little scared.
Things were going well this morning, I made it to my desk without incident... hurrah.. opened my bag, to discover my yoghurt had exploded all over everything..... emergency rescue of book, mp3 player and phone (in that order)
I had no plans for this evening save for walking rent a mob in the pouring ran and then chilling out with a book.... until my mother texted at about 3 pm to ask if I'd mind taking her to the minor injuries unit as she'd "hurt her finger". So, I got to spend 2 hours in a hospital waiting room whilst she was prodded and x-rayed, she's got a chip fracture to her index finger on her right hand and has torn the ligaments... but she's fine, she says, only now she's sulking cos I've taken her car keys away to stop her from driving till she's fixed.
The other side of this evenings visit was amusing though. Without thinking both of us took books out of our bags in reception, she then swiped mine with the words "What are you reading?" (It was A Bit of Rough by Laura Baumbach)... queue me, in the middle of the waiting room, having to explain to my mother all about the M/M Genre... thank goodness neither of us embarrass easily.... the same can't be said for those sitting round us I'm afraid.
Now my mother is very open minded for a 74 year old and wants to try reading some M/M books - I thought I'd start her with Tere Michaels Faith and Fidelity Series.... any other suggestions of what to start her with welcome... I just hope when she's read some (she will, she won't just try one) she'll not try her new found knowledge of gay sex out on anyone unsuspecting!
No comments:
Post a Comment