Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Midweek Musical Mumble

Apparently it’s only about 8 weeks to Christmas… sheesh, where has this year gone?... and my mother has declared that she needs me to provide us with a list of small items I want for Christmas (and no apparently Amazon vouchers isn’t a sensible answer apparently… )

This means I’ve been flitting about the net looking at which bands are releasing new material in the near future, so far I’ve added to my wish list Florence and the Machine, Snow Patrol, Evanescence. 

This year has been a good one for albums that I’ve bought, amongst them Elbow, Death Cab for Cutie, Foo Fighters, REM, The Vaccines, Horrors, Guillemots, Little Comets ….. (ooh, future blog post topic towards the end of the year, I can review favourites). 

There are several of my favourite bands that I am hoping for new material from next year (Frightened Rabbit, Biffy Clyro, Killers, Detroit Social Club, Editors, Doves, Foals). Hopefully not in the same month though as I will be sticking to my self imposed edict of 1 CD purchase per month.

So, to finish, for no other reason than I was listening to this today, one of my favourite tracks from Foals last album….

No comments:

Post a Comment