Monday, 17 October 2011

Post holiday rantings........

First day back at work after a week off is always a killer.

There were 269 e-mails in my in box... which when I'd sorted through them only about 50 were remotely relevant to things I had to actually do.

Within minutes of arriving my team leader had presented me with a list of things to do and booked a meeting to discuss a particularly difficult client I am having to deal with - joy.  Apparently I am dealing with everyone brilliantly but can I just be extra brilliant just for this one moaning fricking pain in the arse high and mighty, precious, whining person who thinks she's some sort of superior being... I might as well just have "minion" tattooed across my forehead.

Oh, and there's three new files allocated to me, only two of which are urgent....you know, once I'm up to date with a weeks work of stuff that's been abandoned on my desk

So, I dealt with post, e-mails, phone calls, booked and had meetings, did some of the main type of work I do, whilst drinking far too much coffee and Pepsi max as I did it.

and then i came home....

...and discovered that trying to hold the oven open with my leg whilst lifting a heavy pan of pasta bake out the oven with a flimsy tea-towel was probably not a particularly sensible idea... the oven is fine, the pasta bake was very nice, my fingers and leg are a gnats, erm, burnt... but ok, I was sensible and when I'd finished hopping around the kitchen swearing went and put myself under the cold water.

So now I am buzzing from too much caffeine after a week of not very much at all and wondering if I am going to get any sleep tonight.

So remind me, I took a week's holiday why?

No comments:

Post a Comment