Sunday, 4 March 2012

Was that it??

Ok, own up, who stole my weekend??

I am sure not five minutes ago I was legging it out of the office ... well no, cos I don't "leg it" anywhere, but I did stagger drunkenly around the foyer of the building having discovered that bending forward to tie up your shoe lace whilst the lift is going down does nothing for your balance!

Friday night was moderately productive - the LiAW story is mapped, the first 1000 words are drafted and the characters are talking to me at least.  Saturday there was, as always, the dreaded housework/laundry/shopping cycle of time wasting before I was commanded to write yesterday's short story.

Then today, I had plans and good intentions... which fell by the wayside after I was woken stupidly early by the sound of the urban foxes decreeing it was spring like enough for mating season to commence.. vixens in heat are bloody loud!   Add to that dawn chorus is now well before dawn and then by 6 am there were fornicating pigeons on the garden wall.....

So, today I seem to have done nothing but read... oh and, erm, I might possibly have set fire to a wooden spatula whilst making my tea... wasn't too dramatic, I kind of launched it out into the very wet wilderness of a garden in the manner of a small shooting star so no major catastrophes

I should really be planning for the working week, instead I am sitting here fending off the cats, and writing this, whilst my hair dye develops .... and having some rather mind boggling thoughts about the lovely black latex gloves they give you... I mean, they really don't seem right in a box of hair dye, maybe a DIY fetish kit or a "going murdering" kit........

No comments:

Post a Comment