Wednesday, 14 March 2012

The Saga of the Never Ending Tuesday

Yesterday it was declared "Grumpy Tuesday".  Mainly because I got to work and just, well, didn't want to be there.  Not sure why, nothing horrible was lurking in the piles of paper that littered my desk, there were no e-mails from scary people (yes, when I get an e-mail from a Master at the High Court I do have this strange urge to stand up when reading it).. in fact it was a normal boring Tuesday....

Thing is, it's actually still a normal boring Tuesday... it's turning into the longest Tuesday in the history of Tuesdays...Mainly because I haven't actually managed to go to sleep yet.

Last night went something like this...
11 pm - realise it's an hour after pumpkin time (ie the time I should really be in bed) and tear myself away from the computer
12.30 am - still reading and starting to wonder if I will ever get to the stage where my eyes go gritty and I can go to sleep
1.40 am - Ivan decides that he'd actually quite like to go outside... so I head downstairs to let the dogs out, faff about for a bit on the smart phone (really must hide that over night in future) and then put the dogs back to bed
2.30 am - still lying in the dark trying to work out if sleep is going to ever actually happen
3.30 am - lots of noise outside sets the dogs off again, so downstairs I go and let them out again.  Decide sod it and head into the lounge where I curl up under the blanket kept down there and try in vain to fall asleep on the sofa...
4.00 am - just about asleep, I can feel my eyes going...... and the sodding cat decides to stand halfway down the stairs and meow loudly and pitifully... which sets all the dogs off barking... and I'm wide awake trying to shut everyone up.
5.15 am - give up, throw some clothes on and head to the park with the dogs
6.00 am - dogs fed and watered, coffee in hand I head back to the sofa with my book... and this time I manage to actually fall asleep... till the damn alarm goes off at 6.30 am so I can get ready to go to work.....

So with a brief nap for about 15 minutes this morning my mind has spent the day thinking it's still Tuesday... I did manage the whole day at work (Goddess alone knows how, and I must re-check all my work tomorrow to make sure it makes sense) and this evening I have managed to persuade my characters to co-operate long enough to get another 1,000 words or so down on paper.......I've put the dogs to bed now and headed upstairs with a view to going to bed.

Only, erm, I'm not tired now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment