Sunday, 11 March 2012

Sunday Sunshine and Silliness

Well last night was a wash out on the getting to sleep stakes as the Great Cat-nip Fiasco continued... after extracting Hugo from the remnants of my clothes airer I tried the whole go hide under the duvet thing... which was only partially successful as they kept using the bed as part of a race track.  Gina gave out first and came to lay in the middle of my back and purred stupidly loudly... unfortunately Hugo decided to attack and kill my dressing gown, which was hung on the back of the bedroom door.  He eventually succeeded in beating it into submission and then raced about under it for a while till Gina got interested and pounced on him.. They then had a massive wrestling match (or punch up without claws) before both falling asleep at about 2 am in the middle of it.... the dogs then got me up at 4.30 am........

If anyone can work out why I have critters please let me know because I am not so sure at the moment.....

This morning was far too nice to stay indoors so we took the two better behaved in public dogs out in the Peak District for a little walk... we saw lots of sheep and new born lambs .... oh and daffodils, before stopping for coffee and strawberries which we ate sitting outside in the sunlight..... didn't feel like March at all, more like mid May :)

This afternoon there was a severe outbreak of housework and some writing before I tried to get organised about work tomorrow.

In my wisdom, and to use up some of the excessive amount of nearly at it's best before date fruit I had in the fridge I decided to make smoothies for breakfast tomorrow...... which was a really damn fine plan..... until I didn't quite screw the top of the blender down completely...... grief that stuff splashes far!  Though it's a bugger to get off the kitchen windows and I now know should be removed immediately from the boiler front before it bakes on.......... oh well, I live and learn!

3 comments:

  1. I feel exhausted just reading of the catnip adventures! Was your dressing gown salvageable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the dressing gown is thick fleecy material (also known as my polar bear disguise) and though it is now in the wash it's at least still whole!!

      Delete
  2. Chaos destroyed one of mine when he was a 6-month old kitten - he was climbing up it and I didn't realize it (wrong season for a lightweight knit robe) until he'd already turned it into Swiss cheese...

    ReplyDelete