Monday, 12 March 2012

Looking forwards....

(as a round up from the weekend posts - the cats are never ever ever having treats again..... the damn things threw up on my bed....)

I was feeling particularly Mondayish this morning when I got to work, so I looked at the calendar in an attempt to cheer myself up.... three more weeks and I get a week off for good behaviour (actually it's a bargin - 4 days of leave and because it falls over Easter weekend I get 10 days out the office in a row)... I usually have this week every year but didn't think it would happen this year as I had a hearing in a Court at the other end of the country in the middle of the week, but thankfully it settled and I got the leave booked as soon as I could.  

I also have my little net sister coming to stay for the week.... which means there will be much laughter, reading, nattering, chocolate and cheesecake :).... there may also be going out into the countryside, and watching silly films and other such things... but mostly there will be reading and chocolate..... we have simple needs

On the downside... two weeks after my holiday is the writing deadline... now it is all going fairly swimmingly, there is a plot, and some characters (that won't do what they're told but that's about par for the course) and even a fair few words on the screen...... until my brain kind of went "unk", 5 weeks, and other people are posting to say they're finished and, erm, oh shit, help, what am I doing.... 

So I've sat here taking big deep breaths, and told myself I can do this, and torn out the pages in the calendar so I can't obsess and keep taunting myself as to the ever approaching deadline......

No comments:

Post a Comment