By home time this afternoon my weekend plans had kind of been shot to bits, I was meant to go visit my little net sister tomorrow, but she has to go work, and not even at a time when I can visit round, oh no. Then I got an e-mail from my tutor gently reminding me that my criminal law assignment was overdue (grumble, grumble, moan, whine, what do I need a professional qualification for anyway) which means that tomorrow I will finish the thing and get it submitted.
So, by the time I nipped into the petrol station come mini supermarket thing on the way home I wasn't overly delighted with the world.
I filled up the car and went and picked up a few bits and pieces to get me through the assignment (I find that ice cream helps these things - yes even if it is about -5 out there at present). When I got to the checkout there was one person in front of me who was just finishing up. Anyway, a bloke came in with cash just to pay for petrol so, because my parents bought me up to have manners and also because he looked a bit flustered, I let him push in in front of me.
He smiled said thanks and I thought nothing more of it. He paid and then turned round, smiled and said thanks... and then handed me a small bunch of daffodils that he'd picked up from the flower display next to the till.
The daffodils are in a bright yellow mini bucket that doubles as a vase on the kitchen windowsill and I am all happy and touched that someone did that just because I let them queue jump
It is sometimes the little things that can make you feel a huge amount better about stuff.

Aw, that was a wonderful thing to do! :)
ReplyDelete