Thursday, 26 January 2012

In need of sleep.....

This is obviously not really me!!
In the last 36 hours I have managed the grand total of 2.5 of them being asleep.... I know not why but last night was a complete farce.

I went to bed as usual and read for a while, then switched off the light and waited, and waited, and waited, and then at 1.30 am decided sod it, got up, took the kindle downstairs, let the dogs out and made a cup of tea.  I read at the kitchen table till 3.00 am when I decided I'd try to go back to bed... nope, no joy, neither my brain or my body wished to switch off, so I tossed and turned for a bit and gave up again, going back down stairs shortly before 4.00 am... I tried to curl up on the sofa and go to sleep, nope, not happening.. so at 5.00am I got up properly and took the dogs out to the park for half an hour.... it's nice on the park at that time of the morning, there were stars and moonlight.  

When I got back I switched on the radio, made more tea.... and promptly fell asleep at the kitchen table... Luckily I'd set the alarm on my phone just in case and woke in time to go grab a very quick shower and get myself to work on time.... cos yes, working on that little sleep is a good idea.

I couldn't take my pain meds as I hadn't had breakfast, and then my back decided to bitch like hell at me about falling asleep at the table......then joy of joy, fire drill.... at which point my back kind of muttered at me, sure go stand outside in the freezing cold damp weather for half an hour, and then see if I'll co-operate.

So, feeling like I've been kicked by a horse and being stupidly over tired, I have taken the horrible mega strong painkillers and am waffling inanely on the blog whilst I wait for them to kick in..... I will get some sleep!

1 comment: