We were hoping for mum's test results today, and in an unusual streak of optimism I had been telling myself that they were just going to phone and say that the tests showed nothing, no problems, all is well...... only they didn't. Instead I got a phone call this evening asking if I could take Tuesday off work and take mums to the hospital as she has an urgent appointment with the Consultant Surgeon........ and see the pessimism clang down like a heavy fog over everything.
 |
| Hugo is practising his worried look too! |
I am going to try not to brood and worry...... oh who am I kidding, I am going to wind myself up something stupid, whittle like hell, paint all the worst case scenarios and panic like the end of the world is imminent..... whilst at the same time keeping it together and putting on a brave face for mums and my sister.....
I need to find something to distract me for the next few days...............though my best friend has also told me failing that she will just bitch slap me until I pull myself together! She means well really!
Hang in there... And Hugo's worried look is very convincing!
ReplyDelete