Sunday, 1 January 2012

Domesticity...

I have a fridge magnet (actually I have several but that's another story) that says "dull women have immaculate houses".... and it's safe to say from that that I am definitely not dull!

I have to admit to having some sort of antipathy towards housework, particularly since being on my own..... it may be in part rebellion as when with my ex I was the one responsible for the housework (and cooking, and cleaning, and the garden, and the kennels etc etc) and if it wasn't done properly or well enough I used to get pointed remarks and dramatic sighs.... anyway, I am not a complete slob and the kitchen and bathrooms are always sparkly clean, which given that I am in those rooms, well the kitchen anyway, the majority of the time I am home, is probably why.

Now normally it takes me forever to work myself up into hoovering and dusting the rest of the house (upstairs because carrying the hoover up is a complete faff and carrying it down is, for someone as accident prone as I am, an adventure!) but for some reason today I have cleaned, I have yet to work out why as it usually takes until I have visitors to stay to get it to this level of freakily clean and tidy.... I wonder if I've caught some sort of housework bug... if so I hope I've got it well and truly out my system!

Well tomorrow is the last day of the festive holidays, and I intend to spend it finishing off my short story for the YA GLBT Goodreads group January photo challenge ..... I may post it tomorrow on here again as a test run, though my beta reader is on holiday and so it will be very much a hunt the mistake, typo, continuity error kind of thing as I always find something wrong after I've posted it somewhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment