I am a bit broken... we had really high winds the other night and the mob decided that every bang or crash outside was someone trying to burgle the house... so I got naff all sleep after midnight, and as I'd only gone to bed at 11 pm, well yes... then it was miserable, damp and revolting weather wish so my joints ganged up on the rest of my body and decided to strike... by the time my boss got into work at 8.30 am I'd texted to say that whilst I was at my desk and working it would be best to ignore me, save for throwing regular coffee at me, as I was probably going to get very sarcastic, stroppy and that there may be swearing ..... Luckily as I was working rather than being at home where I really probably had every right to be they were very good about the ignoring save for coffee thing.
Today has been better.. though I have learnt two things..... firstly, bursting out laughing at something you are reading in a file is all very well and good... until someone asks you what you are laughing at... ok, now what I was laughing at was that the trainee had put in a document that "the explosion occurred without warning whilst he was undertaking the rim job".... and the picture that actually flashed through my mind was nothing like what had actually happened....yeah, no, I didn't explain why I found that funny...
The other thing I learnt...... when you get in the lift, it helps if you press the button to move to the floor you want to go to.. lifts cannot read your mind... and standing in them for three minutes wondering why they aren't moving, then pressing the button to contact security thinking it's broke is, well, somewhat embarrassing particularly when security, who have explained to you in words of one syllable why the lift isn't moving whilst trying not to laugh at you, are on the floor you are going to and you have to walk past them......
but hurrah, it is now the weekend, and I shall, oh, I was going to say relax but I've just looked at the diary and my next assignment is due on Monday.... guess I'd best do that then!
I really, really hope your weekend goes better! And... that's totally something I would do re: the elevator/lift. :)
ReplyDelete