Tuesday, 3 January 2012

A silly little post.......

In the three and a bit years I've been in my current job I have had one keyboard, it has been broken in lovingly and is perfect

It has survived floods (me spilling coffee on it mainly), earthquakes (me dropping files on or next to it), foreign invasions (me dropping things like staples, paper clips etc into it.... see it's a much more resilient keyboard than the one on my lap top, in which the ctrl key lost the battle with the nail clipping from the dog that got under it... and yes, I have learnt my lesson and make sure it's shut before I do the dogs nails now). It even survived repeated attempts by Facilities to remove it on the grounds that because the little white letters have rubbed off the black keys .. why yes, I have a funky keyboard, the background is silver...apparently not having legible letters breaches health and safety or some such nonesense (like I need the letters, I touch type, hell I'm sitting in the book room in the dark typing this)

But alas, today it met it's match as an avalanche of cous-cous salad arrived suddenly over it, a direct result of trying to type one handed whilst eating lunch and accidentally catching the lunch box and sending it flying.  I tried to resurrect it, but I fear Facilities were already on the look out as when I asked for air spray, anti bac and other cleaning things they magically arrived, pronounced it dead and took it away.

I shall miss that keyboard....... I might have accidentally written most of my first novel using it (but we won't mention that to work)

1 comment: