I do have a couple of "proper" posts of things that I've been thinking about recently that want to get down in the near future, but tonight is not a night for particularly coherent thoughts, and a sneaky week night vodka and Pepsi max didn't help!
So instead, some random mumbling from the recesses of my over caffeinated brain....
- the ear phones finally turned up last night... I switched off the pc and wandered through to the bedroom just after 11 pm and there they were in the middle of the bed... I tried cross examining the cats, but the insist it wasn't them - we obviously have a magical black hole that can make earphones disappear from the stairs only to reappear 10 days later on the bed.........
- This evening I have finished writing a contract for frozen/chilled semen exportation ... I take on some very strange favours for my friends.....
- my working day today has very much been a "Monday"... we are approaching a financial quarter end, and the next one after this is the big one .. year end.. when every single person who has a target to meet will be screaming at those of us responsible for making sure the money comes in ... I did ask my team leader today if I made target before year end could I give up working and write instead ... ok, she is one of my beta readers/naggers... apparently as much as she'd like me to get on with the 2nd instalment of the book she's read she doesn't think those higher up the food chain will approve.... Monday-ness was not helped by having to format and proof read a 160 page legal document... hell I'd written the damn thing and couldn't work out what the hell I was meant to be saying at times.....though I do find it amusing that I can easily spell huge big long legal words and fail miserably to spell the short words.
- To combat the feeling of overwhelming panic about mum's hospital appointment tomorrow I might have accidentally have downloaded more books onto the kindle... I must stop this... though as I get 2 months off paying housing tax the temptation is to spend the money that would have gone to the tax man on books....
Ok, enough waffling, time to go lurk elsewhere on the net until I remember what being tired feels like...
No comments:
Post a Comment