Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Safety 'net.....

Good news.... mum has a strangulated hernia....... yes, I did say good news, the other option was that it was a tumour, so whilst this may involve fairly major surgery (keyhole not an option as it's deep in scar tissue).. it's fixable.

Whilst all this has been going on I have been reminded again that I have some fantastic friends, particularly my online friends..... who shall henceforth be known as my Safety 'Net.  Over the last week they've offered me lots of support and then this morning I got up to find I had texts, direct messages and e-mails, then two particular friends kept in contact all morning whilst I waited whilst mum was in with the surgeon... though the conversations were getting wilder by the minute, culminating in a wonderful comment from my little net sister that she was enjoying her vision of me in a chauffeur's uniform, including hat...

Said comment was followed shortly by an order that I get myself down to her house for coffee, chocolate and cuddles ... which being a good girl (yes, I know, that subject is still very much up for debate) I did.  We had a nice (late) lunch out and then spent a lot of time talking, sometimes serious, sometimes complete trash... there was some gentle nagging about submitting my book, there was much pleading that I get my finger out and write some more, and then there was the whole very silly conversation about how I couldn't be a good girl because of the special "bedtime stories" that I'd written for her in the past and when was I going do do some more of those ... and then we got onto the subject of strange porn, and in particular fish porn.. which I have no idea where that came from, but now feel I may have to do something about... mermaids possibly ... though the porn version of Finding Nemo is making me snicker....

Anyway, I am feeling very happy and loved tonight, particularly as I have had hugs - which as a very tactile person is something I miss out on hugely having no partner and my friends not being on my immediate doorstep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good news about your mom - much better than a tumor!

    And yay for good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete