Today I have tried this... admittedly a whole day at work in them as a first attempt might not, in hindsight, have been a good idea... they did remain on my feet till I got out the office (though that was a struggle) but I'm afraid the walk from the office to the car park, the drive home with the mad dash round the shop were done barefoot.
Thank goodness it's unseasonably warm and the pavements were dry (I could at this point tell you of a very drunken night as a student when a friend an I in a quest at 3 am to get pizza walked round most of the town barefoot - we had it figured if we were stopped by the police we'd just tell them we were doing a dissertation on the temperature and surface texture of pavement surfaces at night...)
So, I am going to take my sore feet and soak them in the bath whilst reading the SmutKindle and trying to persuade the cats not to join me....
A song about new shoes being a wonderful thing... like the song, don't agree with the lyrics...
No comments:
Post a Comment