Today has been one of relaxing and reading... Whilst there was some lurking in the corner of the sofa with the Kindle I had initially intended to spend a fair bit of time on the net looking up some bits and pieces for a story challenge... one I really have no excuses not to do seeing as I actually set the challenge!
Then my internet connection failed...... and the broadband.... and my phone... and my smart phone did the whole "you have no more minutes this month unless you want to pay a fortune" thing so that got switched off too.
So I went back to basics... and to real books.... which given what I was researching meant big heavy old hard back books, the ones with the thick paper and that special sort of crinkle to them. Now, okay, these are my books and I dabble in them fairly frequently, but normally just to clarify what I want... not this time, I wanted a whole new set of information and had a wonderful time. Time passed so quickly whilst I was reading and my challenge story is taking shape quite well.... though not sure I will get it to under 1000 words (hell what am I talking about, this is me, the completely ocd side of me will demand it's exactly 1000 words).
My head is now quite scarily full of strange ideas and stories, which may cause some strange dreams as a lot of today's research involved demons and folklore, with a few bits of superstition and history thrown into the mix..... luckily I have my notepad and pen tucked away in the bedside table just in case the ideas demand to be written in the middle of the night!

Obviously the internet came back or you wouldn't be posting... I got sort of twitchy reading about that cascading disconnect!
ReplyDeleteIt was thankfully :o) All the services are provided through the same company, normally it doesn't all go off at once but some charming little sods had set fire to one of the cable junctions feeding into our croft and taken the whole lot out!
DeleteHow nice of them!
ReplyDelete