Saturday, 26 November 2011

Waste of a weekend....

Even without a social life, the trouble with working full time and running round after rent a mob (particularly given their current routine of getting me up at 4.45 am) is that by the weekend, hell no, by Friday night, I am too tired to do, well, anything much.

I want to spend my weekends doing fun and exciting things... or failing that writing... but alas there is always the joys of the housework, the laundry, supermarket shopping and all the other not so fun and exciting chores.  I found myself wishing this morning as I stared at the collection of dog hair that was threatening to mutate into some sort of alien creature with a will to take over the world (or at least kill my hoover) that I had a cleaner, or possibly a housewife.

Now a cleaner is not an option - I can't afford one for a start, and secondly I'd probably have to pay them danger money to cope with the critters!  Housewife ... hum, yeah, no that's not going to happen... every relationship I've been in, even where we've both worked full time, I am the one that tends to be the more domestic...

So today, between playing taxi driver for my mother and doing laundry (twice - because the last load I did I used the wrong washing powder - which I am allergic too - and only realised after I'd been wearing clothes washed in it.... not a good thing being allergic to your own underwear!) I have been good and done my housework... cos no other bugger is going to do it for me. 

At least tomorrow I get a more fun day as I am off to a friends for the day to meet her new Hell Kitten (TM) and to be ladies that lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment