Thursday, 24 November 2011

Just another Thursday...


While in the UK we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, I know that a lot of my cyber friends will be celebrating today and I hope they all have a fantastic day with their loved ones, whether they be biological or chosen family and friends.

So, whilst all is rather quiet on the net I have been thinking of the things that I am thankful for…….. or rather, having a think about how my glass is half full….


I am thankful for….

Having a roof over my head,
Having a job I enjoy,
That means I am able to put food on the table and heat my home

The fact that my illness, whilst permanent, is not terminal
That I have access to the medical treatment and medication I need

The animals which I share my home and life with,
Who might annoy the hell out of me at times,
but they also keep me sane and make me get out of bed in a morning

The fact that I live in a place where I can live my life as I choose to do
Where I can be open about who I am without having to live in fear

The love and support of my family and friends
And the ability to love and support them in return


Ok, and now I’ve said all that I just want to give everyone a hug …


No comments:

Post a Comment