Ah, it is the season..... for the annual appearance of my inner Grinch!
Not even the end of November and the Christmas spirit is a little frayed around the edges.... don't get me wrong, I love Christmas.... in December though.. preferably say, from about the 14th onwards...
Today I have seen lots of Christmas lights, I have heard carols, I have been told how many posting days, buying days, delivery days etc till Christmas. I know who in the office has written their cards, finished their shopping (yeah, so not helped by the fact that I am a last minute organiser - hey I get there in the end though!)
Added to which I have had to choose what I want for my Christmas dinner thing at work... I've avoided going every year so far, but no excuse this time, apparently... though the vegetarian option isn't really an option yet again...
They are threatening to trim up the office next week...... which I steadfastly refuse to get involved in.. hell I am easily distracted in a sort of "ooh pretty" way by stuff I already have on my desk (ok, well phone and internet).. put sparkly tinsel and stuff up and I'm doomed to do no work at all!
I shall do festive, eventually...maybe with the help of the Spirit of Christmas... which in my case is Vodka, large one....
No comments:
Post a Comment