Today is my sister’s birthday, and this evening a group of us are going out for dinner… to a Japanese restaurant… which means that for the first time I am going to try sushi… ok, vegetarian sushi, but still sushi… not convinced I am going to like it..
My tickets to see Death Cab for Cutie arrived yesterday which got me thinking about live music…. which is after all the best way to listen to music…. (musical regret of the year was my friend and I deciding we weren’t really able to go see Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro and either Death Cab or Jimmy Eats World at Milton Keynes in the summer)
One of the things I promised myself last year was that I would make an effort to go see more bands live... which is tricky as my musical tastes are not similar to my friends (and in fact everyone that has ever tried to guess what I listen to on my MP3 player whilst I work has made completely the wrong assumptions), so it’s not been easy to press gang someone into coming with me.
I’ve only managed four gigs in the last twelve months… though I am excluding the bands I saw on the new music stage at Tramlines (which is a free music festival held in venues all over Sheffield in the summer). So, I thought I’d share one song from each of the bands I saw.
Oh, have a great time at DCFC! I'm psyched because I'm going to see The Mountain Goats Friday. Love those demented John Darnielle lyrics...
ReplyDelete