Monday, 28 November 2011

Hiding from myself....

Is it possible to read too much?  Only I picked up a couple of books from the sorting office this morning (Bound to Please by Kimberly Gardner and Dash & Dingo by Catt Ford and Sean Kennedy) and I've read one already and am part way through the other.

Now, ok, it's a well known fact that I have no social life, and reading is how I unwind after work (before work, during work), but it is getting, erm stupid.  On Friday I downloaded 2 books and a short from Dreamspinner, which I read the same night/next morning, I re-read three other books over the weekend as well..... I didn't do nothing but read, I did also go out on Saturday for most of the day and Sunday for the whole day.

I can see for myself that I am using the books to hide in rather than facing my own life - possibly because work is relentless pressure and stress at present - the amount of big brother syndrome is starting to seriously freak me out.... though my boss felt I was being a little sarcastic when I asked this morning when we had the CCTV cameras fitted to our shoulders to watch what we were doing all day.

More so perhaps because my head is, to be blunt, little fucked up with lack of sleep and too may thoughts that I don't want to be having, let alone dealing with.

I should, I suppose, try sort my head out and let go of the crap I don't need to carry around in it... particularly those issues which don't involve me directly, which I can do nothing to change but which persist in nagging at me that I ought to do "something" or that if I stop thinking about them it will be almost like I have given up caring, which I haven't at all.  Unfortunately, letting go isn't my strong point and until I can work out how without feeling like shite (or someone pulls me up short and makes me face it) I am going to have to live with it... or at least go hide out in another book till hopefully it goes away.

1 comment:

  1. Books are my escape of choice, too...

    I would be SOOOOO freaked out by having to wear a camera - sheesh!

    ReplyDelete