Once a week my sister and I are expected to attend mum's house for tea... tonight was my turn and as it was some sort of Thai veggie salad with glass noodles my sister declined (my family like to tell people I am actually adopted as unlike any of the rest of them I don't really drink, I don't eat meat and I don't like hot weather... mum has promised my sister if the weather holds they will bbq over the weekend as I have guests they intend to do an all out meat bbq with a fair bit of wine...)
Anyway, back to the salad... which was very nice, and all finely chopped crunchy veggies and marinated tofu chunks in quite a nice chilli & garlic sauce.....
So, having eaten and been entertained for an hour (in which my mother caught me up on the neighbourhood gossip, and got a slight lecture come rant about the correct form of address for the FtoM 13 year old next door but one....... which she wrote down and is going to tell the other neighbours... she's well trained like that) I got in the car to drive home....(and yes, I did put my shoes on!)
and about half way I lifted my glasses to wipe my eye as I waited at traffic lights.... and almost hit the roof of the car.... yup... chilli sauce on my fingers... bad bad mistake...
I squinted and eye watered whilst driving slowly and somewhat erratically the rest of the way home at the same times as cursing loudly ... twas bloody painful .... the milk has helped take the sting out but my eye is horribly bloodshot and revolting....
I phoned mum to say thank you and told her what happened... did I get sympathy... no I just got reminded that there could have been worse places for me to put chilli fingers.....though she did concede that possibly not when I was driving.....
*snortlaugh* at your mom...
ReplyDeleteAnd OUCH.