Saturday, 16 June 2012

An accident prone kind of day

I don't remember reading in my horoscope that today was going to be one where I would be better wrapped in cotton wool and tucked away in a safe place.... It should have been...

It started shortly after I'd caved to the demands of rent-a-mob, at about 4.45 this morning.  After walking and feeding them I decided that 6am on a Saturday was way to early to get dressed (properly, I mean, I do wear clothes when walking the mob - just not clothes that I'd be seen out in in daylight, well when other people were around) so I decreed we should have a couple of hours sofa surfing... well snoozing.  All was well till I was startled awake by the phone and flipped over, managing to roll slightly off the sofa and crack my head against the coffee table.....

My adventures in being accident prone did not stop there...  having run the gauntlet of sugar hyped kids, sullen teenagers and harassed adults in the supermarket I got on the down travelator to the car park with my fully laden trolley, and then got side tracked watching people on the opposite side moving up... I get caught up with people watching, seeing their interactions, making up stories in my head about them... which is all well and good, except sometimes you get carried away and in this instance, when you get to the end of the travelator and go to step off not realising your floor length skirt is caught in the wheel of your trolley and end up pushing the trolley forwards and not quite following it, before going arse over tit in the middle of a crowded foyer of shoppers.... it wasn't elegant on the way down, and getting up lacked any finesse at all... I scurried off to the car extremely red faced.

As if that wasn't enough... I've just gone to get into my pj's and dressing gown, and the hook over the back of the bedroom door - which is metal and quite heavy - has just pinged off and hit me on the shoulder.

Definitely time for bed in the hope that tomorrow things will not be out to get me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, poor you! Some days just suck... and I thought the thing with the trolley was the only accident you had today... Hope tomorrow is better. Sleep well, sweetie *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... today is starting out better already... though the bruise on my shoulder is impressive!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, dear!

    The alarming thing is that I fear you make me look graceful - and looking at the bruises on my legs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Bruised legs don't sound good... hope they get better soon!

      Delete