Tuesday, 12 June 2012

bits and pieces....

Why isn't this week over already??  Yeah, yeah, I know it's only just the end of Tuesday but after working a 2 day and then a 3 day week it feels far too long already.... okay it's not helped by the fact that my desk at work is slowly disappearing under an avalanche of papers, many of which are marked "urgent" and most of which I look at at least once a day, reshuffle and then try and ignore........ which I know is probably not classed as best practice, but one thing at a time.

Oh and they sprung our bi-annual appraisals on us for this Thursday - deep and abiding joy!  I have worked for some particularly dodgy employers in my chequered working history and unfortunately as soon as I see the word appraisal land in my diary I tend to start thinking in negatives.... which it's not, or it shouldn't be.. but I can't help myself... eternal pessimist that I am!

Aside from that, I am still sticking to my no coffee regime, and have knocked out the can of Pepsi Max so the only caffeinated drink I am now having is a cup of tea in the morning! Go me!  That said, whilst it probably would be helping my sleep the effects are currently negligible as rent-a-mob have decreed that once it is light outside and the birdies have sung the dawn chorus, it is time to get up.... not helped by the fact that one of the blackbirds has mastered the imitation of my telephone so I was halfway downstairs the other morning to grab the phone at 4 am before I realised it was a damn bird!

I am currently making plans for next week's solstice, which with any luck will involve driving out to the highest point on the White Peak to watch dawn break. I am going to do it solo this year rather than as part of a Grove event as I want to use the time to try and focus myself in the peace and quiet as things have been rather unsettled in my life recently so a bit of meditative spirituality at a special time of year may help me bring things into like and help me see some positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment