Thursday, 30 May 2013

May's reading material.........

Noo! Not more books!!
So, I know it's not the end of May till tomorrow (though serious consideration has been given to cancelling the day on the grounds that no one seems to like it) and I don't think I am going to finish another book before then so, the books I read in May

Tough to pick a favourite this month as there were a number I really liked.... If pushed I'd probably go for Fire Horse with Dirty Laundry, Soul Magic, The Fight for Identity and Off: Stage Right in close contention

  1. Dirty Laundry – Rhys Ford – this is the third book in the series and happily its getting stronger as it goes on – I think because it focuses on the same main characters throughout rather than trying to make every character that stumbles in the MC of their own story.
  1. Armed & Dangerous – Abigail Roux (r)
  2. Stars & Stripes – Abigail Roux (r)
  3. Mind Magic – Poppy Dennison (r)
  4. Body Magic – Poppy Dennison (r)
  5. Altered Heart –Kate Steele (r)
  6. Screw the Fags – Josephine Myles – very nice short follow up to Screwing the System
  1. The Naughty Boy – Lisa Henry & J. A. Rock – a sort of side story to The Good Boy focusing on one of the lesser characters but very well done.
  1. The Last Chance Ranch – D.G. Parker
  2. Snap – Allen Renfro – This was my “pick it for me” book – it’s not a romance, it’s a twisty darkly psychological ride in a very disturbed mind.  It’s a very good book but it’s a difficult read and I am not sure I actually enjoyed reading it.
  1. A Wild Ride – Andrew Grey
  2. Be My Alien – M.A. Church & Julie Lynn Hayes
  3. The Fight for Identity – Andrew Grey – 3rd in the series, and though not as good as the 1st definitely better than the 2nd.
  1. A Road Not Taken – Jennifer Thorne
  2. Fire Horse – Mickie B. Ahsling – This author is fast becoming one of my favourites.  Really liked this story of an injured polo player which starts in the present day but then gives the back story of how he got where he is.
  1. Kestrel’s Chance – Harper Fox
  2. Bolt Hole – Amy Lane
  3. Finding Shelter – M.J. O’Shea – unfortunately, like the previous book in this series, this did just seem formulaic and in places unbelievable, a series where again minor characters really didn’t need to have their own book
  1. Good to Know – D.W. Marchwell
  2. Off: Stage Right – Jamie Samms – This was a very well written story which really had four main characters splitting into 2 couples.  Though one couple was the main focus of the story the other played an important part.  I would have liked to see more of the development of the second couple and wonder if there will be another story with them.
  1. Soul Magic – Poppy Dennison – really good final book in this shifter/mage/vampire trilogy.  These three books will definitely be read again.
  1. The Tin Star – J. L. Langley (r)
  2. The Broken H – J. L. Langley (r)
  3. A Purrfect Match – Chris T. Katt
  4. Who moved my holepunch – Anne Brooke
  5. Until Forever Comes – Cardeno C.
  6. Good Bones – Kim Fielding (r)
  7. Buried Bones – Kim Fielding – I am enjoying this series of shifter books, probably because there is very little in them about the shifter law and packs
  8. Caged in Myth – J. T. Fairfield (YA)

I am not counting in this list the four LHNB stories that I've read .... though they go towards my Goodreads book count, whereas the re-reads don't so it helps even things out!

1 comment: