Tuesday, 7 May 2013

More neurotic wittering.......

If I had to do it by hand we'd be here till next year....
I am still writing........... there is now less than a week to go before the submission deadline for the Love Has
No Boundries story and I am not finished!

I think I am starting to drive my wonderful support group to distraction with my rather disjointed paranoid mumbling about it.... but they are to nice and supportive to admit this.

The story itself went over 15,000 words this evening........ and the final couple of paragraphs are done.  I actually only have probably another 2000 words to get it to the end (it will be very slightly longer than last years effort).

I have some very generous victims, I mean volunteers, who have agreed to beta read for me.... brave and wonderful souls!  Hopefully the weekend will see the final edits and I can turn it in at the 11th hour, just making the deadline....... which is kind of par for the course for me!

I have to admit, unlike last year where the characters came easily, this year has been more difficult.  I don't know whether that is because this is the first attempt I've made at a contemporary piece.  My YA playground is usually fantasy - well fantasy ish anyway, and I love writing historical pieces - mainly because I get to do research first and build myself a world from that.

Having said that, as the story has gone on I've become very fond of my characters and their fight for a happy ending .... I'm quite amused that in the snippets I posted I've been accused of creating angst.... yeah, me! angst!! Who knew I could do it!

There has been some research involved in the writing - I've learnt about five aside football, how to treat a dislocated shoulder and the role of a banksman.......

No comments:

Post a Comment