So anyway, you'll remember last weekend I posted about the large mixing bowl smashing into a million pieces on the kitchen floor yes? Well, given the dogs are in the kitchen most of the time, as am I when I am home, I carefully swept the floor and then mopped it so no one would get cut paws (okay, feet in my case, I really don't have paws.. honest).
So, almost a week passes without incident and then yesterday morning as I was pottering around I felt a sharp pain in the sole of my foot (yes, I know, I'm meant to have socks or slippers on, but it was early and I hadn't got round to it yet)..... I carefully brushed off the bottom of my foot and a teeny, tiny flake of glass came off in my hand. Okay, cool no problem. I carried on as usual, pottering about the kitchen, reading and suchlike (yes, I'm strange, I live in my kitchen most of the time...). A short while later I went and let the dogs out into the run, in preparation for going upstairs and getting ready to go out, turned around, and noticed there was a trail of blood all across the kitchen floor.
Cue panic checking over of the dogs... all their paws were inspected, all the girls bits (although everyone finished seasons fairly recently).... not a thing, but there was definitely fresh, wet blood on the floor coming from somewhere. I followed the dogs around for a bit........... then realised that in fact the blood was coming from the bottom of my foot....... oops......I'd obviously cut it when I stepped on the glass earlier. So I cleaned up both my foot and the floor, got the bleeding to stop and put a plaster on.
It was a bit painful to walk on, but hey, it was cut, this was normal right.... well in my mind anyway.... so roll on about 24 hours to this morning. My foot is still painful to walk on, but the tiny cut there was as healed, so it must be just sore.... well no.... I wondered off and had my shower and got dressed, to the point of putting on my socks......... when I dried the bottom of my foot and realised there was something sticking out...... so i pulled.......
Well it was a hell of a lot more painful coming out than going in........ a piece of glass, thin, but about 1/2 a cm long........ and I sliced my finger tip pulling it out........ the foot is now covered in antiseptic cream and a very large padded plaster..... the glass is safely in the bin and the kitchen floor has been re-swept and washed again.......... and we won't be mentioning to anyone outside of this blog that I am a muppet and should be more careful now will we.....
OUCH. Glad it worked its way out at least...
ReplyDelete