Then after much wibbling... well me having put the e-mail together and attached the document, then letting my finger hover over the send button... I submitted it........ early... well, 3 days before the deadline is early for me. I now just have to wait for the editing/proofing team to come back to me with queries, comments, and "what the hell is this" comments...
Now normally when I've finished writing something that's it, done finished, and for a while ... sometimes a very long while indeed... I don't want to write anything else...... Which meant it came as rather a surprise yesterday evening, having read for quite a lot of the day, that when I contemplated doing something different I didn't actually want to go through to the lounge with my knitting and chill out in front of the TV... no instead I wanted to write some more... I mean.. what!!
Now Rupert (plot bunny from hell and all round pain in the arse) bless him, his little grey ears pricked up at that and automatically ran through the list of potential stories that he's carefully filed in the various sections of my brain.... There are two adult M/M - one fantasy, one contemporary crime, an adult F/F historical, 2 YA LGBT stories - one a result of the short from April I did, the other involving a comment from my sister that she wondered if her cat (who isn't fat, she has a small head........ and hasn't been given the nick name Samosa because's currently triangular in shape) could have a staring roll as a shifter (her human counterpart also being somewhat larger than average).....and then there is rather a lot of pressure from certain quarters for me to get on with the 2nd book in the YA mainstream series I am writing......
After some argument with the bunny......... really, it wasn't worth it I don't know why I didn't let him just pick for me........ it was between three for now...... the contemporary crime (which needs research), the YA about my sister's cat, and the F/F historical.... which is based upon an old family story about one of my great aunts during the war........
Now I never thought much about writing adult F/F before - I mean, it's a big close to home... and well, people might think I actually do or have done some of the things I might write about...... but this one is really kind of grabbing me at the moment........ I need to do some general research and dig a bit into the family side of things, but I think that might be the first thing I do.... maybe... unless Rupert has other ideas and thumps his bloody great big bunny feet down..........
See if it wasn't bad enough, my physical life is run by the dogs and cats, and now my brain is at least partially controlled by a rabbit....... whatever next..........
No comments:
Post a Comment