Sunday, 19 May 2013

Well, that wasn't too bad as far as weekends go...

I did quite a lot of baking and organising of meals for next week, I did some knitting, some reading and a tiny bit of cleaning (couldn't find the enthusiasm for that!)

Erm, I might also have blown the kettle up........ but that wasn't a planned event.  It just kind of went "pop", "pop", "bang".... and then smelt of burning......... I wasn't even near it at the time....... okay so I might just have put it back on the stand before it happened, but really, it wasn't anything to do with me...... I almost had my longest ever relationship with that kettle...it had been with me for over a year, which is kind of a record.

I also realised that I should never, ever, be allowed to do the online grocery shop at midnight or thereabouts, whilst I am on a buzz from a night out........... this would be the reason for doing lots of baking and trying to sort out meals for next week... who ever filled my order at the shop probably has me down as a complete weirdo now!

I also did a lot of research for the story I want to write.... my mum let me interview her and a couple of her friends who she'd talked to about what I was doing agreed to be interviewed too (and they know the story will be F/F and will possibly contain some explicit material but this didn't phase them).   Mum also did some other research for me and handed me a stack of books to use as well.  I spent a good few hours doing more research later on.

I have main characters, I have a setting, I have a time period..... now I just need to write..........I am setting myself a goal of 5000 words a week.  Which should be manageable and not to overwhelming.  I'd like to have most of the story written or plotted by the time I go to the UK GLBT Meet in July - though I know this is only 6 weeks away.... that said, for once I don't have that feeling of "I can't do this" which normally stops me from writing before I start......

Talking of the UK Meet .... I finally did my intro piece for the Meet the Delegates section of the blog... it should go up on Thursday.......

I think I shall curl up in the corner of the sofa this evening and relax.........

No comments:

Post a Comment