Oh dear, today has been, erm, interesting.... I should have realised it wasn't going to be the most productive of working days before it even started. I sleep badly at the best of times but last night was classic; restless sleep, weird dreams and waking regularly. Ok, so yes, possibly self inflicted as I was "researching" yesterday evening for a story I have been planning out for a while and, courtesy of some gay friends who have bravely put up with me asking highly personal and embarrassing questions in exchange for food and alcohol, I ended up flicking around various gay porn sites until it got far too late for me to be still awake.
Then, on the way to work, a couple of characters who'd like a story combined with the radio station I was listening too, put the picture in my mind of the devil (who for some reason was fairly young, reasonably good looking and working in his office) in my mind, as he lounged behind a large desk with his up resting on it, leaning back in a swivel chair with his hands behind his head whilst crooning "Demons Are Forever" a la Shirley Bassey....
Having safely beaten back my imagination for the morning I tweeted quite innocently the fact I'd had to remove 9 mice from my bed this morning..... to which I got the response "Euwwww!" I hastened to explain that they were toy mice, placed their by the cat, and happened to mention what they were made off. Well apparently I now have "fetish mice"... now I've no idea what a fetish mouse is, but apparently it's because some are leather and some have bells on... I didn't mention the ones made of rope, or with feathers attached... probably a good job!
So yes, I share my bed with naked cats and fetish mice... and this is not to mention that one of the cats has a bad habit of stealing visitor's underwear... I learnt a long time ago not to let the dogs share my bed (courtesy of my then only dog who, concerned because of the noises I was making, knocked my then bed mate off of me, pinned him down on the bed and growled.... bed mate wasn't amused, particularly as the dog wouldn't get off, not helped by me dissolving into hysterics next to him); however, making the cats stay out the bedroom is impossible as the little sods have learnt to open the door or, if that fails, attack the door till I give in....
Anyway, where was I, oh yes, so I negotiated this afternoon's work... I say work, I got a bit distracted by the interweb and will probably have to try and be very good to avoid the "list of 100 really naughty employees who spend to much time on the net" this month. When I got home I fed the dogs, went to get changed and came downstairs to find splatters of blood all over the floor. Eeep! Auto panic.. grabbed the dogs in turn, couldnt' find out where the blood was coming from (they were by then all looking at me gone out) then realised that, erm, actually, it was me that was bleeding, quite badly in fact, as I appear to have cut my finger tip rather impressively when sorting the dogs tea... i am now plastered.. no, elastoplasted not drunk, to try and stop it leaking.
Oh, and I melted a milk bottle whilst cooking tea.....
I may give up on the rest of this evening and hide
No comments:
Post a Comment