Wednesday, 21 September 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it....

Tonight I was going to have minor angst over actually doing NaNoWriMo this year - if only to get rid of one of the erm, 5! WIPs I have on the go at the moment... but then I got distracted.

As I pottered round the kitchen trying to check my e-mails whilst not burning tea or tripping over the dogs I noticed a tweet, REM announcing they've called it a day...

Ok, yeah, just another band, but hell, this is the first band I ever got into, and I mean in a big way, as in total fan girl, but then again they've formed a major part of the soundtrack to my life for probably a little over 25 years and their music has helped me over some totally shitty times in my life.  They are the band who started me on my obsession with lyrics.  Even to this day the album "Murmur" is my driving album. 

I know that it was kind of inevitable it would happen some day, but I'd hoped to see them live again before it happened.

So, I shall go reminisce and leave you with one of my favourite tracks




No comments:

Post a Comment