Well I am still working on the file of misery and need to keep life pink and fluffy - probably with a bit of sparkle thrown in (which is so just not me).
Luckily two of my closest friends recognise that I won't actually come out and ask for help, they know that just know that sometimes I need to be distracted, or just reminded that I am not alone and that things are going to be ok. (I say closest friends - but one lives over 90 miles away, the other close on 400 miles away...)
Last night was grim, I managed eventually thanks to the timely arrival of a couple of books I'd ordered, to distract myself ... in the last 24 hours I have read Drawn Together (Z. A. Maxfield) and A Strong Hand (Catt Ford) - which may on first glance seem an odd choice to read given where my head was, but no, it wasn't it was a book about safe consensual fun between participating adults which is a million light years away from what I was working on. I also re-read Carpe Jugulam, which is one of my favourite Discworld books .... i got about 4 hours sleep in all.
So, knowing that I was going to be facing the same at work today at 7 am my phone rang and I was played the theme tune to the muppets, with a background of a lot of giggling by one of my friends. She knows damn well that this damn tune gives me the worst earworm going, and yes, it took till 11.30 am to drown it out my head, but it stopped me focusing and obsessing.
Throughout the day she and t'other friend have sent me text messages, DM's on twitter and then this evening both have phoned for a natter. Now, considering that I know that they are both really busy and have have families and other complicated stuff to juggle that they made time for me has left me with the best sort of warm and fuzzy feeling (hell it may even have made me sparkle after all), they may be a long way away distance wise but when it comes to friendship physical distance doesn't really count.
I might actually sleep properly tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment