Wednesday, 14 September 2011

So, why blog?

I was going to put this in the intro post, but, erm, yes, well I rambled quite a bit longer than I’d intended to.
Actually “why blog?” is a bit of a misleading question as I am not a blogging virgin, it’s more a case of “why blog now?” or “why blog again?”
My last blog ran from 2003 to about 2007, you won’t find it anywhere as after I did something I’m not very proud of (namely being a completely thoughtless bitch and discussing members and other moderators of a web site I’d been asked to help out with, not on my own blog but on a blogging site that could be read publicly), anyway, in a fit of probably part anger with myself, part frustration and part shame I deleted everything, the entire blog, membership of several forums etc and for a while I went into Internet hibernation. 
At the same time my home life imploded and got about as messy as it possibly could (split up with partner, but stuck in house we couldn’t sell and she then moved her new girlfriend in....). I eventually upped sticks and moved across the country to try and re-start my life.  I hadn’t realised what an uphill task it would be as in the 7 years we’d been together I’d managed to completely lose my own identity.  That was 3 years ago now and things are starting to look up and I’m finding or rather remembering who I really am.
I used to use my blog as a sounding board, to record thoughts and feelings, to rant and to laugh.  I’ve always kept a paper journal for writing down those thoughts that strike somewhere about 3 am and have to be put down somewhere if not just because if they stay in my head sleep doesn’t happen. It appears that I’ve got more I want to say though now, and feel like sharing again (well if anyone is actually interested enough to read this).
So, I will blog, probably not daily, definitely not always seriously.  Amongst the “me” posts, I am hoping to start doing some book reviews, I will probably also post songs/lyrics that inspire me or that cause the voices in my head to whisper stories they’d like me to tell for them. I will probably also waffle about slightly off the wall things.
One thing I won’t do is bad mouth people or use peoples own names or anything that might identify them... I think I’ve learnt my lesson and hopefully grown up a bit since the last blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment