1. There was a weekend... I am sure there was... but it seemed to go extremely fast and I appear to have achieved precisely nothing! Okay, there was cleaning, laundry, an exorbitant trip to the pet shop - my 2 cats cost me around 5 times as much each month than the 4 dogs - some reading, writing and finally Sunday dinner with the family (in which my sister's partner and I spent a lot of time winding up my sister.... apparently I am a bad influence... I dispute this)
2. Am starting to get slightly worried about mum's memory. She's been repeating herself for a while if she's tired, and she frequently calls me by my sister's name but last Thursday I told her that I was buying her a Kindle for her birthday (I had to she was starting to get stressed that she hadn't bought her books for going on her trip to Turkey with my sister in mid July).. she was rather pleased and excited, but on Sunday my sister sidled up to me and asked if I'd told mum yet about the Kindle.... because she was talking about going to buy books again. Turns out she'd completely forgotten I'd told her, in fact she accused me of lying and that I hadn't told her. We know that there is a family history of age related dementia, and mum is 75 this year, but before this my sister and I have always laughed at mum's little lapses, this time, not so much.
3. I am having a very busy July. The UK GLBT Fiction meet is in less than 2 weeks! Then at the end of the month my friend is coming to stay, bringing all three of my half daughters! It's going to be complete and utter chaos and I can't wait!
4. I am back to being a "normal" employee! Having been acting up for the last 9 months as deputy team leader (and occasionally as team leader) yesterday my colleague came back from maternity leave.... it's nice not to have the responsibility, but more so to have her back in our little team
5. Today has been dental visit the 2nd.... I am somewhat numb around the face as it took 4 injections of anaesthetic before it was able to be extracted..... which may have been overkill as one side of my face is currently completely frozen... including my ear, which is kind of weird.
6. That's it really for now..... I am being screamed at by the cats.... they must be able to see the metal at the bottom of their food bowl again.... which of course requires my immediate attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment